Monstar

Monstar (Korean) - Sul Chan & Se Yi, Sun Woo & Na Na



This was a decent show. There were a couple of things I did enjoy. The first being the music and the other being the couples. I did not care much for the lead couple which consisted of Sul Chan and Se Yi. They were cute and they did have a couple of good moments but I was not rooting for them as much as I was Sun Woo and Na Na.

When I found out Na Na had feelings for Sun Woo in episode six, I was shocked and sad. Here is this girl who appears to be tough and hate everything and everyone and yet she is in love with someone. It was heartbreaking to see her cry as she tried to sing a song and she remembered moments at school when she saw him. It was also sad because she thought Sun Woo was on a date with Se Yi. Every moment I saw Sun Woo and Na Na together and it is just the two of them, I hoped that they get together. Even if it was by a long shot. And not to mention the moments where he is the one that spots her whether she is walking to school or walking across the courtyard at school. I loved when the both of them sang a duet, and as they are singing, it flashes back to him walking behind her on the way to school. She does not notice him there as she is listening to music and singing along with it. Even though it was not much, that scene (especially of them walking down the street) was romantic.

I find it nice that he is willingly meeting up with her ten times. Another scene I loved was when she was dancing in episode ten and he watched her. When she ran off because she had been discovered, he went after her. Even though by the end of the show they did not get together, I have a little hope that they would get together in the future, whether it would be three years or eight years. Either way, I was wishing that they got together.

I found it funny that Sul Chan had a couple of awkward thoughts running through his imagination. One thought was Se Yi licking her lips and the other was her laying on top of him while he was in bed. In his room. At home. When I saw them, I thought, Pfft. Seriously? You are thinking about that right now? It was just funny.

I loved the scene in episode five where Do Nam beatboxed and Kyu Dong sang a version of 2NE1's “The Best”. I was shocked just like the rest of their group was. It was also funny that Na Na was the only one to clap when Do Nam and Kyu Dong were done. I could have their beatbox version and 2NE1's on repeat for a good few hours nonstop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS