HIStory 3: Trapped

HIStory 3: Trapped (Taiwanese) - Tang Yi & Shao Fei







I tried watching this a few months ago after reading the synopsis or seeing the trailer. After watching the first two of episodes, I ended up pushing it off to the side, never returning to it until a couple of days ago. I truly wanted to watch it but I think it had a slow beginning, at least in my opinion at that time. This time I made myself sit down and watch the whole show from beginning to end. Okay, so maybe I did not watch the whole thing. I do admit I skipped the parts that had Shao Fei's coworker and Tang Yi's employee getting into a relationship, but I did watch the rest of the show.

I loved the development of Tang Yi and Shao Fei's relationship. I like that it started out with Shao Fei practically tailing Tang Yi to get information of what had happened four years ago and then they were developing feelings for each other.

I liked that Tang Yi was trying to stop his group's mob business so that everyone could live normal, everyday lives. That was something his boss wanted to do before he was killed and Tang Yi promised should anything happen.

I also did like that Shao Fei was trying so hard to get Tang Yi to not do something that could send him to jail for a long time or cause Shao Fei to personally arrest him. To me, it showed how much Shao Fei cared for Tang Yi that he was willing to even step in front of a bullet if it stopped Tang Yi from going down a darker path.

With the ending, I am split on it. I liked how it ended but at the same time, I wanted an epilogue. At the very least to see Tang Yi walking out of jail a couple of years later or however long it is and Shao Fei is leaning against the car, waiting to pick him up. Either way, I liked that Shao Fei is willing for Tang Yi to get out.

Now, off of the topic of Tang Yi and Shao Fei's relationship, I could not believe how twisted the mobsters were. Backstabbing one another to get what they wanted. Good cops going bad to also get what they wanted. I know the mob is not a pretty business, but this was... And to find out who Tang Yi's birth parents were! Talk about a shocker. I felt bad for him because he did not know how to take all of the information that was thrown at him.

In the end, I did enjoy this show and will watch again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS