TharnType: The Series/TharnType 2: 7 Years of Love

 TharnType: The Series/TharnType 2: 7 Years of Love (Thai) - Tharn & Type





I watched both seasons of TharnType (TharnType: The Series and TharnType 2: 7 Years of Love) back to back (more like skimmed through the first season because I have already seen it) and actually enjoyed it. Also, I can't believe that the final episode or two left me with tears in my eyes.

In the first season, when Type found out Tharn was gay, I thought it was rude of Type to do everything he could (after not being able to switch rooms) to get Tharn to move out. Especially when he trashed Tharn's side of the room. But, I did like it when Tharn got back at him by trashing Type's side as well. There were a couple of times when Tharn flirted Type (though Type did not like it). The first was when Tharn stood up slowly inches from Type after picking something up at Type's feet. The second was when Tharn told Type that he was not going to lure him with food and proceeded to drink from a water bottle. All while Type stared at him and his throat.

I was surprised that Type was actually asking for Tharn to have sex with him so that he would not owe him. All he had to do was treat him to a meal, give him money, or something. When Type said it would only be the one time, I was like, “Mm hm. Yeah, right.” I think I also rolled my eyes. I think even Tharn knew it was not going to stop at the one.

It was nice to see just how much they cared for each other, especially when it really mattered. Tharn took care of Type when he was sick, woke him from a nightmare, and tried comforting him when Type badmouthed Tharn's dad. He also stopped the school from talking about Type when Type had said something against gays. Type was able to get Tharn to see how evil his friend was by setting everything up. Unfortunately, he had to break up with Tharn without him or anybody accept two friends knowing or else nothing would work. But, thankfully, they got back together. I do have to say that when Type broke up with Tharn was very sad. I can't remember but I either had tears in my eyes or I was crying.

In the second season, I could not believe Type kept every terrible thing his supervisor did to him to himself rather than talk to Tharn. Worse yet, there were times he would even take it out on him! There were so many times I wanted to punch his supervisor for putting him through so much hardship because Type just let it go. At one point, the supervisor badmouthed Tharn to Type because they were caught kissing. I wanted to punch him again until Type had enough and did it. He yelled that he could handle being badmouthed but he would not stand for his boyfriend being badmouthed. The second Type punched the guy, I shouted and was happy.

When it came to marriage, I could not understood Type would deny Tharn it. Even though half of society would look down on it, the other half is fine. Besides, it is not like they would invite the entire country! They would be surrounded by their friends and families seeing as they were important to them.

And speaking of families... Type's dad watches dramas and he liked this one actress named Thanya. When Tharn was visiting, Type had him tell his dad how he knows the actress. When Tharn said Thanya was his younger sister, Type's dad said he did not believe him. Type and Tharn brought Thanya to visit to prove that they were related. In front Thanya, Type's dad pretended to get along perfectly with Tharn which they all knew was a lie because he hated his only child and son was dating another man. When Type's dad originally met Tharn, he liked him because he was his son's friend. The second he found out he was his boyfriend, he hated him and continued to since then, only putting on a front in front of Tharn's family.

There was a scene where I had tears in my eyes. After Type returned from being ordained as a monk, he asked Tharn if they should make a vow. After a minute, he told him they should get married which shocked Tharn and also made him so happy that he was on the verge of crying. When Type started his saying his vows, I was getting tears in my eyes while Tharn was starting to cry. When Tharn was saying his, I still had tears as he was crying. I was crying because I watched how they changed over the seven years they were together.

One final scene where my tears were on the verge of falling was when Tharn and Type were finishing getting ready for their wedding and they each placed a hand on each other's heart. I thought I was not going to be able to finish the scene. Especially when there were memories. Once again, I was crying because I saw how they changed. Mostly Type because he went from this guy who hated gays and wanted nothing to do with them to someone who was in love with one and marrying that person. I am so happy that they made the final step in being together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS