Bring It On, Ghost

Bring It On, Ghost (Korean) - Bong Pal & Hyun Ji


I enjoyed this show a lot even though there were times I found a couple of characters to be annoying or ridiculous. Though I do have to say that those two were funny at one point or another. With Bong Pal and Hyun Ji, I loved everything about them.
Speaking on just the dynamics of their teamwork while hunting, I saw that they could trust one another when it came to watching each other's backs. Also, when Hyun Ji said where the ghost's weak spot was, Bong Pal that she was telling the truth.
Speaking about their relationship, it was a roller coaster once they started developing feelings for one another. Specifically when she was a ghost. After they started dating, it was sad to see her have flashbacks of one of their dates because she witnessed people looking at him like he was crazy talking to air since they could not see her. It was also sad that she broke up with him after listening to the monk. I was happy to see her go after him when she saw that her body was in a coma.
One thing I am left wondering after the final episode is if Hyun Ji ever got her memories back from when she was a ghost. If not, I am kind of torn between being happy and sad. I am happy that she was still willing to be with Bong Pal after initially thinking he was a weirdo. I am sad because if she did not get them back, she does not have all of the good and bad memories that the two of them shared during her time as a ghost and he is the only one to remember. All I can hope is that she did get them so that they can reminisce.
About the show itself, there were times I was practically jumping out of my seat when a ghost suddenly appeared. I also did enjoy the story line that spanned the whole series though it was a sad one. I was sad that a lot of people were effected negatively because of an evil spirit. First with it killing Bong Pal's mother, taking over a couple of young boys' bodies, to families having to bury or cremate their dead way too early. And that is just a few of the many things the evil spirit did.
Overall, I did enjoy it and will see it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS