Smiling Pasta

Smiling Pasta (Taiwanese) - He Qun & Xiao Shi, Ah Zhe & Rita

 


I loved this show. There were some parts that ridiculous in a cute way and others that were hilarious. There were also other scenes that was sad because of what was going on and others that made me happy. I also loved the music. Now, here's what I have to say.

One thing I loved occurred in the thirteenth episode between He Qun and Xiao Shi. Because Xiao Shi didn't listen to the administrator, she had to clean the Archive room. Well, when He Qun is in the room with her, the door shuts and locks them inside. He says that he read one way to keep calm was to remember what makes one happy at the moment. She starts listing them off and stuff and my heart just jumped when she kept on mentioning moments between the both of them. That was what made her happy and what she mentioned: moments where they were together. Then, I had butterflies in my stomach when they were about to kiss. LOVED!! And then the dang administrator had to come and open the door. HATED!! Talk about totally ruining the moment.

Another scene I loved and hated (which you will understand in a moment) is where He Qun and Xiao Shi are in the kitchen (I think) and she's rubbing a hard-boiled egg that has been peeled against his left cheek to make the swelling go down because he had saved her from hitting a pole and then the ground. Well, anyway, they are about to kiss (LOVED!!) and then frickin' Vincent and CK had to walk in and totally ruin the moment again (HATED!!). A couple of minutes later, Vincent is like, "Go back to what you were doing!" and I'm like, "Sorry! Moments totally ruined!!"

Another moment I loved (and hated) was when in the last episode. He Qun and Xiao Shi went to a hotel room because they were up in the mountains after dark to break the three-month curse. Well, she fell, he caught her, and she landed on top of him. They were so close to kissing again before his frickin' phone started to ring! Talk about totally ruining the moment again!! And then, since it's his birthday, he had the venue moved to where they met the very first time. I thought that was so romantic. And then he said something about them breaking her curse but he wound up getting caught in her curse or something like that. I found his speech to be so romantic. That was one of the most of the beautiful things I ever heard in my life. And he ended up pulling out an engagement ring box. I was so happy! And then they kissed. I swear, I thought He Qun and Xiao Shi were never going to kiss for real during that entire show.

One thing that made me sad was when they were slowly getting together and when he saved Rita from drowning, the gossip started by saying he was getting with Rita (his ex-girlfriend) behind Xiao Shi's back. There were other things that were sad or made me happy or laugh but I'm not going to get into it because there is another couple. Ah Zhe and Rita.

I loved them. It was sad that she wanted to be with him but couldn't because there was another girl in his heart who had died six years previously. Eventually, they start dating without clarifying they are together. Well, eventually she decides they should break up because he hasn't opened up to her and you can see him regret the decision when they walk past each other or when they see each other. He does ask her a couple of times for her to be his girlfriend but she turns him down. In the end, they end up together after what seems like forever.

All in all, I loved this show. Even though I loved He Qun and Xiao Shi because they were the main couple, and they were also funny and lovable, and you would sometimes hate one of them for something they did, I would have to say that my favorite couple (or at least tied for first with He Qun and Xiao Shi) is Ah Zhe and Rita. That is because of everything they went through to finally be together. Especially with Rita fighting the past to win Ah Zhe's heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS