The Color of a Woman

The Color of a Woman (Korean) - Joon Soo & So Ra


I really loved this show. I know that I say that all the time when I watch a good show. And another thing I say all the time when something bad occurs every second is that the more I watched this show the more depressing it became. Luckily there were happy endings!

What I found to be a shocker was that Joon Soo was the man who said, "I don't want to sleep with you (yet)." The reason the "yet" is in parentheses is because So Ra didn't hear him say it because a vehicle was driving passed him when he said "yet". And because of that, they never spoke, saw, or wrote each other in the ten years since that incident. Before we find out that it was him, we only hear get the scene from So Ra's point-of-view ("I don't want to sleep with you."), and we don't see that it is him because we are looking at him from a hotel window on the second floor.

What I liked from somewhere in the beginning episodes was when the company was trying to sell their products and there was this "contest" of sorts. What? I don't know what else to call it! Anyway, he kissed her on the cheek and then on the lips! It was like, "<:o. Woo hoo!" My reaction was like that because all they did since seeing each other again after ten years was fight and stuff. Something good needed to happen between the both of them and it finally did!

It was depressing whenever there were misunderstandings between Joon Soo and So Ra or they were trying to make each other jealous. it was also depressing when he told her that he was getting engaged to Jin Joo.

In the end, there was a one year epilogue (though there weren't any words on the screen that said that it was an epilogue, just the fact that the characters were mentioning it having been a year and also one of the ladies was pregnant). In it, Joon Soo and So Ra were still not together. Chan Jin and Jin Joo decided to take matters into their own hands and get the both of them to meet each other. At the hospital, the two see each other and he tells her that we will wait one year, even ten years (which is how long it was between the incident and when they saw each other again for the first time), for them to be together. In the end, he waited one week and seven hours (since their hospital meeting) to finally be together.

There were obviously a million other things I found depressing, that I loved, that literally made me laugh (which reminds me of something. I'll say it after this paragraph.), and so many other emotions. In the end, I loved this show, and I would watch it again. Totally in my favorite dramas to watch.
 
So, about the something that made me laugh. It was only in the second episode and Joon Soo was taking care of a spider. Well, his thoughts led him to his college years. When he comes out of his thoughts, he has lost the spider! The model that the company is supposed to work with ends up coming in. As the both of them are about to shake hands, he happens to look up at the ceiling and there is the spider! I felt something light touch my head and I immediately jumped and touched that spot on my head. Not even ten seconds later, I started laughing. I ended up touching the feathers on the Dream Catcher I have hanging right above my bed! Just for a second, I thought I had a frickin' spider on my head! I laughed for a good few minutes. And because Mom had a bad day at work (and because I just had to tell someone what happened), I had to tell her. I told her it would make her laugh and sure enough, after I told her, she laughed. I'm happy to say I can laugh at myself over that. And I still find it funny two days later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS