Shining Inheritance

Shining Inheritance (Korean) - Hwan & Eun Sung


I enjoyed this show. Heck, I LOVED IT!! I mean, it kept me on my feet. I don't know what else I can say about this show. Maybe I can say that I enjoyed it because this wasn't another show in which one of the main characters is killed off. It seems like forever since I watched a show that didn't involve killing someone off. Yes, I made sure that I wouldn't be watching another show like the three I have watched before I started watching it.

Anyway, I had a love/hate relationship with Hwan. I loved him because he was good-looking and the main character. I hated him because, in the beginning, he was so errogant. When he was told by his grandmother to apologize to the manager of the first restaurant, he threw money at the manager! He most likely thought that money grew off of trees and that every problem could be solved by throwing money at it. Even his mother and sister were the same. So, they all ended up getting taught a lesson by having to actually go out and work to earn things while they have room and board at the house.

Eventually, the three did learn their lesson. Especially Hwan. I think he learned his lesson by watching Eun Sung and being taught by her on how to say hello, bow, take orders, and everything else that she taught him.

Now, Eun Sung... She had the saddest life between the both of them. Her step-mother took advantage of her. Her step-mother took her "dead" father's life insurance and what other money she took and lived the kind-of high life. When her step-mother wanted to move with her daughter one second, they packed up and left the next. And Eun Sung's friend's boyfriend made her autistic brother go out to the store to get something and ended up somewhere else. She wasn't able to see him for about three or four months. Also, she found out that her "dead" father was actually alive and looking for both of them.

The good thing that happened to Eun Sung is that she found love in Hwan. Unfortunately, just when they were at the beginning of their new relationship, Eun Sung is going to leave for the U.S. to finish her studies in cooking. But, as far as we know, they are going to stay together, even after spending who-knows-how-many-years apart (besides break for her and when he wants to visit) because the last episode ends with Eun Sung telling Hwan that she loves him and they kiss. KYAAA!!! Though I like how they ended, I wanted an epilogue because I wanted to know if they stayed together because we all know that long-distance relationships don't last long.
But yeah. I quite enjoyed the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boys Over Flowers

Tree of Heaven

SOTUS